Table of Contents
There is no doubt that WooCommerce is feature rich and offers basically everything you need to run your e-commerce business. But with the rising competition in e-commerce, you need more than the basics to stay ahead of your competitors.
Shoppers have different options when it comes to choosing an online store. You need to offer exactly what they need to retain as paying customers and not just mere visitors on your store site. The shopping experience is the key factor that makes your customer likely about your store site.
You have to make it easy for your customers to find out what they’re looking for. And there is nothing that makes it more easy than frequently bought together products.
In this article, you will learn how to add “frequently bought together” product recommendations to WooCommerce.
What is “Frequently Bought Together” in WooCommerce?
Frequently Bought Together is a recommendation method used to recommend a selected list of products to increase sales for e-commerce stores.
It is commonly seen in many popular e-commerce websites like Amazon, Walmart, etc. Frequently Bought Together sections can be used to recommend upsells, cross-sells, or any custom products.
Manually recommending custom products as “frequently bought together” can help you target and increase sales for certain products.
Although it is a common recommendation strategy in e-commerce, there are different iterations for “frequently bought together”. These include: customers who bought this product also bought, frequently purchased together, Commonly purchased together, and so on.
Benefits of adding “Frequently Bought Together” in WooCommerce
Frequently Bought Together is a powerful product recommendation tool in WooCommerce. Here are some of the benefits of adding Frequently Bought Together in WooCommerce.
Create upsells and cross-sells
Frequently Bought Together sections offer the best way possible to promote upsells and cross-sells in your store. It helps customers easily find out related products or a better version of the product they’re looking for.
This helps in increasing sale conversions and the average cart value on your store site. You can recommend custom products as frequently bought together to drive more traffic to certain products.
Increase sales & revenue
Sales numbers are the motivation for WooCommerce store owners. The frequently bought together widget allows you to grab more eyeballs for other products on your store site. Getting more user visits means increasing the chance of conversions. This will increase revenue for your WooCommerce store without a doubt.
Better shopping experience
Your customers are already familiar with the frequently bought together widget. As you may know, many popular e-commerce sites have these sections on their store site.
It makes the job easy for your customers to find the right products to be bought along with the product they’re looking for.
The frequently bought together tool makes an easy way to offer shopping assistance on your store site. Customers can directly add the product to the cart and proceed to checkout right from the frequently bought together widget.
Create bundled discounts
There is no doubt that frequently bought together offers a better way to create bundled discounts for your store. You can recommend relevant products and offer bundled discounts using the frequently bought together tool.
Your customers can also take advantage of getting bundled products at a discounted price. So it’s a win-win for the shoppers and the store owners.
How to add frequently bought products to WooCommerce?
There is no default option available in WooCommerce to display the frequently bought together widget. You will need a third-party plugin to do the same. The Frequently Bought Together for WooCommerce plugin by WebToffee is the right plugin for you.
Using this product recommendation plugin you can easily create a frequently bought together widget on your store. The plugin comes with advanced features and customization options for WooCommerce frequently bought together tool.
- After purchasing the plugin, download the plugin file from the My Account section of the WebToffee website.
- Then, navigate to Plugins > Add New from your WordPress dashboard.
- Upload the plugin file you downloaded from the My account page.
- Then install and activate the plugin.
Follow the below steps to add the frequently bought together product recommendation on your WooCommerce store.
Step 1: Configuring general settings for WooCommerce frequently bought together
Navigate to WooCommerce > Frequently Bought Together from the WordPress dashboard.
Let’s see the settings in detail.
- Enable frequently bought together: Keep this checkbox enabled to display Frequently Bought Together products on individual product pages.
- Set based on: Select the product options you want to display as frequently bought together products. Let’s select custom products.
- Select number of products to show: Choose the number of products to be shown on the frequently bought together widget. Let’s choose 3.
- Show ‘this product’: Enable this option to show the currently viewing product on the frequently bought together list.
- Allow unchecking ‘this product’: You can allow your customers to remove the current product from the frequently bought list. Let’s enable this option.
- Default state of products as checked: By enabling this option all the products in the frequently bought together widget will be checked by default.
- Behaviour on clicking individual products: Choose how you want open the products from the frequently bought together list. Let’s choose Open in New tab.
- Hide unavailable products: Enable this checkbox to remove out-of-stock products from being recommended in the Frequently bought products list.
Step 2: Display settings for WooCommerce frequently bought together
Here we have the option to customize the frequently bought products widget.
- Choose a layout for the frequently bought together widget from the Set layout as option. We have 3 options – table view, list view and gallery view. Let’s select table view here.
- From the Display fields, select the fields to be displayed on the frequently bought together list.
- Then choose a position for the frequently bought together widget.
Step 3: Customizing the text for WooCommerce frequently bought together
Here are the text customization options for WooCommerce frequently bought together section.
Frequently bought together section title: Add a main title for the frequently bought together section.
Add to cart button text for single product: Enter a button text for Add to cart button for a single product.
Add to cart button text for two product: Enter a button text for Add to cart button for two products.
Add to cart button text for multiple product: Enter a button text for Add to cart button for multiple products.
Total price section label: Add a label text for Total price section.
Click on Save Settings to save the settings.
Step 4: Choose products for WooCommerce frequently bought together widget
Now let’s see how to add product recommendations as frequently bought together.
Navigate to Products > All Products from your WordPress dashboard.
Choose a product on which you want to display the frequently bought together section and click on Edit to go to the Edit product page.
Scroll down to the product data meta box and select the Frequently Bought Together tab from the side menu.
- Choose the products from the Set custom products option.
- Enable the Apply discount on bundle checkbox to add discounts for the frequently bought together bundle.
- Choose a discount type, either Percentage discount or Fixed cart discount.
- Enter the value for the discount, then publish or update the product.
“Frequently bought together” is one of the most common product recommendation strategies for e-commerce stores. If you want to stay one step ahead of your competition, frequently bought together recommendations can be really helpful.
You can make your customers easily find out related and relevant products they’re looking for. The WooCommerce frequently bought together plugin as we discussed in this article makes it easy to create the frequently bought together list on your WooCommerce store. You can create custom product recommendations or choose upsells or cross-sells for frequently bought together products.
The plugin is compatible with the WooCommerce Related Products plugin by WebToffee and allows you to recommend related products in the frequently bought together section.
Check out this article to learn how to create custom related products in WooCommerce?.
If you find this article to be informative, drop your feedback in the comments. Your feedback is our motivation. Thanks for reading!