Table of Contents
Do you own a WooCommerce store for your business? Then you’ve probably heard about WooCommerce address labels. If not, dive in and we will discuss everything you need to know about WooCommerce address labels.
In this article, we are going to explain how to create, customize and print address labels in WooCommerce.
So wasting no time let’s begin with addressing the big question.
What is an address label in WooCommerce?
As the name suggests, address labels are documents that are used by WooCommerce store owners to indicate the address of the sender and receiver when delivering a product. Address labels help in ensuring that the products will be delivered to the right person.
If the person is not available to collect the package, the product will be returned to the sender after the holding time. This ensures a smooth operation of the inbound and outbound logistics for WooCommerce store owners.
Usually, WooCommerce store owners assign the product delivery to a courier service. And this courier service will be responsible for delivering the product to the right person. So it will be easy for them if you have attached an address label on the product package.
Why do you need to automate WooCommerce address labels?
Automating address labels in WooCommerce will ease your effort of creating labels for each order. Also manually writing the address labels is not a good practice now, as the ink may fade or the courier agents couldn’t be able to read the address properly. This will create unnecessary delays in the logistics resulting in frustrated customers.
Furthermore, if your store receives a lot of orders daily, manually writing down addresses can be a time-consuming task so you may seek additional help. So if you have an automated address label system on your WooCommerce store, you can save time, effort, and money.
What are the fields to be included in address labels for WooCommerce?
WooCommerce address labels should have properly indicated the delivery address with all the relevant information to help the courier agents to deliver the product to the right address. It is ideal to add a return address on the address label so that if the person is not available to collect the package, it will be returned back to the sender.
Following are the major fields to be included in WooCommerce address labels.
- Name of the sender and the receiver
- Delivery address with street name and number
- Zip code of the receiver
- Location (city, state, and country)
- Return address
How to create, customize and print WooCommerce address labels?
The default WooCommerce settings lack the functionality to create and customize address labels. So we will be using a third-party plugin for the purpose. The WooCommerce Address Label plugin by WebToffee comes with extensive features and offers an easy setup.
Step 1: Plugin Installation
This plugin works as an add-on for the WooCommerce PDF Invoices plugin. So we need to install it first.
To Install WooCommerce PDF Invoice plugin,
- Navigate to Plugins > Add New from your WordPress backend.
- Search for WooCommerce PDF Invoices plugin by WebToffee.
- Install and activate the plugin on your WordPress backend.
To install WooCommerce Address labels (Add-on)
- As this is a premium add-on you have to purchase it first.
- After purchasing the plugin, you will receive an email to download the plugin zip file.
- Then, go to Plugins > Add New from your WordPress backend.
- Upload the plugin zip file you downloaded and then install and activate the plugin.
Step 2: Configuring general settings
Now, let’s configure the general settings for the plugin.
Go to Invoice/Packing > General Settings from the WordPress backend.
- From the plugin’s settings page, go to the General tab.
- Enter the company name.
- Add a logo for your invoice. If you’ve already added your logo in WooCommerce settings, it will automatically appear here. You can also add a new logo from here.
- Enter any other relevant information like Company Tax ID, Return Policy, Footer, etc.
- Then add the address details for your store site.
After adding the necessary information, click on Update Settings to save the settings.
Check out our detailed guide on how to create and customize WooCommerce invoices.
Step 3: Configuring WooCommerce address labels
Now, go to the Documents tab and select Address label.
You will be taken to the Address label settings page.
- From the left side menu, choose an Address Type.
- Then choose a layout for the address label.
- Under the Layout Properties dropdown, you have different customization options.
- You can change the margin size, font size, font color, border color, etc.
After making the necessary changes, click on Save to save the changes.
Add a name for the template and save it for future use.
If you want to print multiple address labels, you can create different templates for each address type. You can select the required template before printing.
To change the active template, go to Invoice/Packing > Address Label. Then click on the three horizontal lines icons and select My templates to choose a template.
Step 4: Printing WooCommerce address labels
Now, let’s see how we can bulk print address labels in WooCommerce.
Go to WooCommerce > Orders from WordPress backend.
Select the orders you want to print the address label.
Then under the Bulk actions dropdown, choose Print Address Label.
Click on Apply.
Here is an example of WooCommerce address labels.
WooCommerce address label is a simple document that can make big difference for your eCommerce business. It will effectively improve the delivery system on your store site.
The WooCommerce address label plugin we mentioned in this article helps you easily create and customize professionally-looking address labels for your store site.
This article was intended to provide you with some helpful information regarding address labels for WooCommerce. If you have any questions, let us know in the comments.
Thanks for reading.