Table of Contents
In the online world, our identity is determined by a username-password combination. We create a unique identity for different online platforms we have an account in. The more accounts we have the more difficult it can get to remember this information every time we need it.
Thus what we need is a secure but easy way to log in to our accounts. Since most of us have an account in at least one social media now, the best way is to link your accounts with social media. This will be a much easier login platform to the users.
There are tons of plugins available to help your WordPress website to enable social login. Here is a list of a few best social login plugins along with the description of their features.
Social Login for WordPress
Social Login for WordPress plugin lets you easily employ social login on your website or online store. Using this plugin you could enable login through Google+, Facebook, and LinkedIn. What makes this plugin popular is its easy and user-friendly setup options.
The most remarkable feature of this plugin is that it offers options to enable social login on your WooCommerce log-in page, WooCommerce registration page, and on WooCommerce checkout page with only just one click. You are in complete control over which of these pages should have social login option in it along with the usual username-password combination log-in. Enabling and disabling these settings are easier as well.
Although you could enable social login through Google+, Facebook, and LinkedIn using this plugin, you have the option to disable any of it as well. The customization options include giving a suitable title for the social login details section on the account details page.
- Single click user registration and login via Facebook, Google, and LinkedIn.
- Let users’ sync their social profiles with their WordPress account.
- Enable social login on the WooCommerce login page, registration page, and checkout page.
- Define a custom redirect URL with any of the enabled social media accounts.
Nextend Social Login and Register
Nextend Social login and register plugin allow login via social media like Facebook, Google, and Twitter. This plugin lets your customers easily attach their accounts with their social media profiles (Facebook, Twitter, Google). You have the option to define a custom redirect URL after registration using any of the social accounts.
One of the cool features of this plugin is that you get to display Facebook, Twitter, Google profile picture as Avatar. Login widgets and shortcodes make it easy for you to deal with the plugin settings. If you wish to make your login page a bit attractive for your visitors, you can have it using this plugin since it provides customizable designs to match your site.
- One-click registration and login via Facebook, Google, and Twitter
- Your current users can easily connect their Facebook, Google, or Twitter profiles with their account
- Social accounts are tied to a WordPress user account so every account can be accessed with and without a social account
- You can define a custom redirect URL after the registration (upon the first login) using any of the social accounts.
WooCommerce Social Login Plugin
A verification system on your eCommerce website will make customers wait longer to check out, which will lead to lower sales and a fall in customer satisfaction. If you use WooCommerce Social Login, you’ll be able to save customers time, which will lead to an increase in sales.
When a visitor comes to your site for the first time, you may help them in speeding the checkout process by allowing them to check out as a guest. Clients will find it more difficult to make multiple purchases on your site as a result of this. New login and password will be required. Allowing customers to sign in using their existing Facebook, Twitter, Google, Yahoo, LinkedIn, Foursquare, and Windows Live identities rather than creating new user profiles streamlines and secures this procedure for WooCommerce Social Login.
According to a number of studies, customers are more likely to buy a product if they can easily create an account at checkout. Customers that prefer to use their social media credentials to log in to WooCommerce would benefit from this plugin.
- One-click registration.
- Customers don’t need to remember another username or password to access their accounts.
- Using social sign-in increases security and trust.
- Auto-Integrate at Checkout.
- Set a custom redirect URL once a customer logs in using social media.
- View each social network’s sign-ups.
WordPress Social Share, Social Login, and Social Comments
What makes this plugin different from other social login plugins is that with this plugin you can integrate it with your website’s social sharing and commenting option. Using this plugin you can enable social login in your website through ten different social networks- Facebook, Google, Linkedin, Twitter, Vkontakte, Instagram, Xing, Steam, Twitch, and Live.
- Compatible with myCRED (append myCRED referral ID at the end of the URL being shared)
- Social Share from around 100 social networks
- Social Media follow icons
- Share counts are supported for Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Buffer, Reddit, Pinterest, Odnoklassniki, Fintel, and Vkontakte
- FREE icon customization options
Social login allows your website visitors to log in with 30+ Social Networks including all major social media like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, Instagram, Yahoo, etc.
This plugin provides seamless integration with your existing login/registration system so that your users don’t have to start from scratch. Existing accounts can add or remove their social network accounts in their WordPress profile settings and then also use the linked social networks to log in.
With this plugin, you do not have to worry about your users’ data anymore since Social Login is fully compliant with all European and U.S. data protection laws. As required by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) this plugin’s terms of service include a data processing agreement that they can countersign on request.
This plugin helps you to get rid of long and complicated forms, improve your data quality, and instantly eliminates spam and bot registrations. Using social login increases your registration rate by 50% and provides permission-based access to users’ social network profile data thereby allowing you to start delivering a personalized experience.
Customizations options range from choosing which of the social accounts to enable/disable for login to on which areas of the website social login should be displayed- on the login page, registration page, in your sidebar, etc.
- Link multiple social network accounts to their WordPress account
- Automatic integration of the social login icons on the Woocommerce checkout, login, and registration pages
- Fill the user’s billing address with the first name, last name and email address received from the social network
- Automatic integration of the social login icons on the BuddyPress account and registration pages
- Access the analytics dashboard to discover which social networks your users prefer
- Send emails to users that register using social login.
WordPress Social Login (Facebook, Google, Twitter)
This WordPress social login plugin enables social login, social sharing, and social comments together using popular social platforms like Google, Facebook, Twitter, Vkontakte, LinkedIn, Windows Live, Instagram, Amazon, and Salesforce, etc.
There is no setup required for default social login apps if you are using this plugin on your website. This plugin lets you set up your own social login application with APP ID and APP Secret for Facebook, Google, and Twitter.
You could enable social login icons on the Woocommerce Checkout, Login, Registration pages, etc. The icons are fully customizable, you could customize the shape, theme, space, size, and even text of social login icons and get a preview of these icons. Option to sync social profile picture with WordPress and linking social account to WordPress account and profile completion.
- Secure Login
- Customizable social login icons
- User Redirection
- Assign user roles
- Profile completion
- Email Notifications
- Enable/disable user registration
AccessPress Social Login Lite – Social Login WordPress Plugin
AccessPress Social login lite is an easy to set up plugin which allows your website users to register or login to the website using one of their favourite social website accounts.
As a website owner, you can easily configure which social accounts to enable or disable for login, which areas of the website social login should be displayed (login, registration, comments). Also, you can select the social login buttons or icons from 4 beautifully designed templates to fit them with your website’s overall design or theme. Your website will fetch real data from the user’s social profile.
- Login with the most popular 3 social media
- Configure which social media account to enable/disable in the login area
- Option to choose from 4 beautifully designed social login buttons/icons
- Option to configure the order of the social login buttons
- Use shortcode anywhere in the post/page to display social login
- Use the widget to display social login
WordPress Social Login
WordPress Social Login allows your website readers and customers to register using their existing social account IDs, eliminating the need to fill out registration forms and remember usernames and passwords. Along with that it also allows you to import users’ contact lists from Google Gmail, Facebook, Windows Live and LinkedIn.
Since this plugin gives you absolute control over users’ access to your website there are certain rules and restrictions you need to set up. This plugin comes with a simple but flexible and fully customizable authentication widget, which makes customization and integration a lot easier.
Depending upon the audience you’re targeting, you can choose from a wide variety of providers and services including social networks, microblogging platforms, professional networks, media, photo sharing, programmers, and gamers networks.
This plugin currently supports providers including Facebook, Google, Twitter, Windows Live, Yahoo!, LinkedIn, Reddit, Disqus, Tumblr, StackOverflow, GitHub, Dribbble, Instagram, 500px, Foursquare, Steam, Twitch.tv, Mixi, Vkontakte, Mail.ru, Yandex, Odnoklassniki, Goodreads, Skyrock, Last.fm, AOL, and PixelPin.
- Easy to customize and integrate
- Supports 25+ social media platforms
Employing social login on your WordPress websites will definitely hike the number of visitors to your website. This feature works as an easy solution to user’s login worries as it is a safe, secure, and easy way to enter your website. This article will guide you in choosing the right plugin for your store.