Table of Contents
Whether you are running a WordPress blog or business it is very important to keep a watch on how it performs overall in terms of traffic and conversions to bring necessary changes to it and to ensure its further growth.
There is no way you are going to be able to do that manually unless you are willing to risk your website's future on mere guesswork.
That is why WordPress offers you a bunch of analytics plugins that can provide you with accurate statistics on your website's performance right on your WordPress dashboard.
This article covers a list of the best WordPress plugins you can rely on to get the important stats of your WordPress website. Give it a quick read and pick the one that fits your requirements.
MonsterInsights is a Google Analytics plugin for WordPress which is available in both its free and premium versions. With over 2 million active installations, MonsterInsights is the most popular WordPress Google Analytics plugin.
With this plugin installed on your WordPress website, it becomes extremely easy to connect your Google Analytics accounts with it. MonsterInsights comes with a user-friendly dashboard that simplifies Google Analytics for every type of business thus helping you make quicker decisions.
- Allows you to set up Google analytics easily on your WordPress website.
- Simple UI to easily understand analytics data.
- All tracking features can be customized to your requirements including different metrics, date range, etc.
- No third-party accounts required.
- You can store your website analytics data by using the export feature of the plugin.
- A decent collection of useful addons to track data on a variety of metrics such as Ads, eCommerce, EU compliance, forms, Facebook instant articles, file downloads, custom dimensions (Track authors, searches, tags, logged-in users, categories), etc.
- The free version contains only limited features thus will be inadequate in bringing you accurate insights on your website.
- It's paid version is a bit costly thus may not be affordable for businesses running on a low budget.
- Don't provide stats on individual pages/posts
Google Analytics Dashboard Plugin for WordPress by Analytify
Analytify is another great plugin that lets you effortlessly connect Google Analytics to your WordPress website. It presents all the crucial data in a visually impressive way so you can get insight into your website or blog's statistics in just a glance at the dashboard.
If you wish to know one striking feature of this plugin, that would be its ability to provide you with the individual posts/pages stats from the post editor section itself, which even Google Analytics is unable to offer you.
- Simple set up
- An impressive free version that can provide you with all the necessary statistics.
- A great option for tight-budget businesses and beginners.
- Allows you to monitor pages and networks that generate most clicks.
- Option to store and download reports as CSV.
- Highly useful add-ons
- Lets you configure custom stats using shortcodes.
- Multiple and affordable pricing plans
- You can configure social share buttons with the simple UI.
- Limited options for support
GAinWP Google Analytics Integration for WordPress
GAinWP is a Google Analytics plugin for WordPress by IntelligenceWP. The plugin has been known as a perfect alternative for the GADWP (Google Analytics Dashboard for WordPress) plugin that has received severe backlash from its users for its latest update.
GAinWP plugin has most features that once belonged to the GADWP plugin. Thus people who loved the pre-update version of the GADWP plugin are most likely to go for GAinWP as they will get to experience the familiar set of features with this new plugin.
- Easy Google Analytics integration using a simple set up wizard.
- Fully compatible with multisite network installs
- On-page Analytics to find out which of your post/page does well in terms of traffic.
- Campaign and reference analysis tools.
- Offers features that ensure user privacy.
- Allows you to track custom dimensions.
- Advanced features are included in the paid version of the plugin.
Site Kit for WordPress
Site Kit is an official WordPress plugin by Google. It provides you with insights on how people find and use your site, how to improve, and monetize your content directly on your WordPress dashboard.
Site Kit makes it easy for you to set up popular Google tools such as Search Console, Analytics, PageSpeed Insights, AdSense, etc., on your WordPress website.
- Combines your website's data from different popular Google products and lets you access it from your WordPress dashboard.
- Fully free solution
- Easy setup within 3 steps.
- Official Google support
- No code editing required
- Easy to assess the performance of different pages on your site with the help of built-in PageSpeed Insights integration.
- Notifies you when you hit a milestone with your website stats right on your dashboard.
- Lacks the feature that helps you set up Google Analytics event tracking.
- Scope for improvement on certain stats.
Hopefully, this article was informative enough to help you choose the best analytics plugin for your WordPress website if you haven't already. You can also mention any other plugin that you have found helpful in the comments section to help others.